What People Say About Me

Great experience

Prakash Ruparelia was extremely knowledgeable about my benefits issue, where other firms had not been able to help me. He was communicative and reassuring, and provided sound advice that helped me to avoid issues further down the line. I would recommend his services.

Pensions advice

I highly recommend Prakash Ruparelia from Scott-Moncrieff & Associates. He helped my mother to find a prompt and cost-effective way of resolving her case. At each stage of legal process Prakash gave clear and concise advice and provided an honest appraisal about the merits of our case. This helped us to make informed decisions about what steps to take. Always calm and well-prepared, Prakash worked tirelessly to achieve a brilliant result for us.

M. Zeban

I was very fortunate to have found Prakash Ruparelia to help me. I was going through a bad time physically and mentally to deal with my claim.he made the process so easy and efficient. He is a very honest and professional at what he does . I’m very appreciative of his help.

PIP 1st Tier Tribunal Appeal

I would like to thank Prakash Ruparelia for preparing appeal and representing my son at the PIP Tribunal last week. It was really helpful to have his expert guidance and reassurance throughout what has been a difficult and stressful process. The appeal was successful.

Pip appeal / Tribunal

I had a fantastic experience with Scott-Moncrieff & Associates, my named solicitor was Prakash Ruparelia, he was very knowledgeable/ experienced in the process of personal independence payments appeals, he guided me through the process, reassuring me at all times. He was professional and communication was key for me, he always responded to any queries I had.

I would highly recommend their services and wouldn’t hesitate to use them again.

Debt Recovery

Being owed money when a debtor is not responding to your calls and letters can be very annoying, you may have done work for a debtor or lent them money in good faith and now they are avoiding their promise to pay you.

Not being paid what you are due could have a great impact on your business or personal financial situation. When faced with this type of situation it is important to seek legal advice as soon possible to avoid the debtor avoiding their payment responsibilities.

Getting advice and assistance swiftly can be the difference between you getting your money back or securing payments from the debtor and never seeing your money again.

I offer cost effective practical debt recovery solutions and can assist you in a obtaining a judgment at court when the debtor owes you or your business money. Judgment is entered by the Court for the total amount payable including all interest, compensation, solicitors fixed costs and court fees paid.

Judgement -The judgment normally states that the amount of the judgment is payable forthwith and contains a notice to the debtor that details of the judgment will be entered in the Register of Judgments Orders & Fines. If the debt is paid in full within one month of the date of the judgment, the Debtor can ask the Court to cancel the entry in the Register. You should note that the Court will not help you to enforce your judgment so if your judgment is not paid you will need to take steps to enforce the judgment if you want to be paid.

Enforcement of a Judgement

If required I can also assist you in the enforcement of the judgment.

Enforcement -There are various ways in which a judgment can be enforced against a debtor.

These include:

  • Warrant of Execution – this is enforcement by County Court Bailiff and generally applies to judgments less than £600A Writ of Control – this is enforcement by High Court Enforcement Officer or Sheriff these are generally used with judgments of more than £600.
  • Attachment of Earnings Order – If the debtor is in paid employment then we can make an application to the court to have money taken directly out his/her salary, this method is particularly effective if the debtor is in a job which could be compromised by his employer learning of his/her indebtedness.
  • Order to obtain information – If a debtor is not engaging with you and not making and offer to settle the debt on the basis that they can’t afford to then you can make an application to the court to establish the financial income and expenditure of the debtor.
  • Charging Order – If the debtor owns their own home and there is equity in the property then an application can be made for security over the debtor’s property, this can secure your debt and will prevent the debtor from being able to sell their property without you getting paid.
  • Third Party Debt Order – If the debtor is due money from someone else, than an application can be made for a court order to recover money from the 3rd party and for the 3rd party of the debtor to pay money directly to you.
  • Winding Up or Bankruptcy proceedings– If you are owed money by a company then you can make an application to the court to close down that company if they don’t pay you. If your debt is with an individual then you can make an application to have them declared bankrupt. There are different rules for each type of situation and expert advice should be taken before proceeding down this route.

Every debt situation is unique and you should always get expert advice before you decide which path to take in order to make sure you get the most cost effective and efficient solution to your problem.

How to find us

London Office

Scott-Moncrieff & Associates Ltd Solicitors
Temple Chambers
3-7 Temple Avenue
Office: 0203 9729011
DX 116 LD

Leicester Office

Scott-Moncrieff & Associates Ltd Solicitors
New Walk House
108 New Walk
Office: 0203 9729011